Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Things Fast Approaching

Several things are coming up that I'm excited about and I thought it a good time to share.

On Sunday we're participating in a cross country race. It's not a big sport in Turkey and the event is meant to give it a bit of exposure. Anyhoo, the whole thing is FREE, from the transport to and from the ski resort, lunch, booze, the ski race---everything is taken care of. I've never cross country skied before. Of course we've done plenty of touring on our teles, but I've never tried the skinny skies. I'm excited for the event!

Next week, I'm taking a group (mostly made up of my 9th graders) to Israel for a Model United Nations conference. I'm pretty stoked to go to Israel. I think the conflicts there are fascinating and we'll spend some time in Jerusalem. Expect a full report since after my five days, I'll surely be an expert on all things Israel/Palestine/Arab relations.

The weekend after I get back, we head out to Erzurum--way out in East Turkey, where the mountains are big, the snow is deep, the choppers are running, and all things are quite a deal more conservative. But it's the best skiing in Turkey and we are GOING!

April break is coming. We have a week off. We'd like to ski. We'll see what happens.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby, you do so many great, amazing and exciting things. I am anxious to hear and read all about your adventures. Read Genesis before you go to Israel to understand some of the history of the conflict. Love you, mom