Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Teaching Assignment

In honor of learning my teaching assignment today (and because I´m at an internet cafe until the Censo office opens), I thought I´d go ahead and open my new blog.

Next year in Turkey, I´ll teach 3 sections of English 9 (IGCSE curriculum) and I´ll teach IB Psychology again. Blissfully, no more TOK! I´m very excited to be teaching both my loves, and only having two preps--down from my current 4. I think it´ll be fantastic!

If you have not yet heard, our house in Quito was robbed. Quite a bummer. But my cat is fine, thank you for wondering. She hid while the baddies were in our house. But they did manage to take both our computers. Since we only have about 3 weeks left in Quito, we won´t be trying to replace those until we get back to Colorado (June 28th!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!). Thus, we are sorry about the limited contact. And pictureless blogs. The camera is gone too. But we´re not letting it get us too down. We´re fine and we´ll slowly replace what we´ve lost.

Can´t wait to see everyone this soon--we are so ready for a great Colorado summer!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Woo hoo! I'm excited about your new blog. I'm a regular and a follower but promise I'm not obsessed with you...really.

Congrats on the teaching assignment!

KatieGirlBlue said...

So glad you guys and the kitty are safe! Oh my god - TURKEY? I can't wait to hear (read) all about it! I'm so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending the blog! Can't wait to hear more!
Melisa